Acceptable half-tone screen is 85 line. All ads smaller than a full page must be bordered to their exact dimensions. All publications are printed web offset.
|Full Page 9.8333" w X 12.75" h|
|Pierce: Tacoma Daily Index|
|1 col||1.5"||9 picas|
|2 col||3.1666"||19 picas|
|3 col||4.8333"||29 picas|
|4 col||6.5"||39 picas|
|5 col||8.1666"||49 picas|
|6 col||9.8333"||59 picas|
|ALL TABLOIDS BILL at 13" for ads that measure above 11” in height. (Ad layout height is 12.75” max.)|
|Full Page 10"w x 20"h|
|Full Page 10.343" w x 20"h|
Electronic Media Guide
Electronic File Transfer
FTP Username: client
FTP Password: client
Please send email notification of upload with file name.
AdSend Accounts: | WABIS • WAFWM • WAMAR • WAOHW • WABEJ • WASCK
Press Optimized PDF is preferred file type.
- PDF | Only [Press] PDF files are accepted. Adobe CS or Acrobat Distiller are the only applications that can produce a [Press] PDF file. If your file is built with a non-Adobe application, and you do not have access to Adobe Acrobat, please refer to the “Create Adobe PDF Online” service. http://createpdf.adobe.com/
- VECTOR LINE ART EPS | (i.e. Illustrator/Freehand) all fonts must be converted to outlines (paths) and all placed art linked and embedded.
- ADOBE INDESIGN | Export file as a [Press] PDF file.
- QUARK XPRESS | [Press] pdf file would be accepted
- PAGEMAKER | Files will be opened and converted to an Adobe InDesign file.
- MICROSOFT PUBLISHER | CMYK mode ads cannot run as spot color
- MICROSOFT WORD | BW scheduled ads must have all grayscale art (not rgb or cmyk) and not with built black. Please check with PDF output preview.
ARTWORK (for us to build ads)
- PDF, JPG, TIF, EPS, PSD [attr rowspan=”5″] | Photographs: BW & Color = 180 dpi • Gloss = 300 dpi
- Photographs – 180 ppi 85 line screen at actual size used
- Line Art: 300 dpi black & white, no grayscale
- Color art must be RGB or CMYK
- NO LOW RESOLUTION WEB GRAPHICS PLEASE
TEXT (for us to build ads)
- Text files should be saved as plain text (TXT) files. Rich text (RTF) and simple Microsoft Word files may also be accepted. Text may also be pasted into an e-mail.
- Graphics placed into a text file cannot be used.
- No publisher files.