Advertising Director – The Juneau Empire, Alaska’s award-winning capital daily, is looking for an experienced, Advertising Sales Director to provide leadership and oversight of all traditional products, publications, events, and community branding; as well as recruit, inspires, train and motivate an energetic and committed staff of sales and support personnel.
As Alaska’s capital, Juneau sits at the forefront of state government, and covering the Legislature is one of our primary watchdog missions as a newspaper.
This Position Requires:
- Sales management experience
- Able to manage multi-faceted projects simultaneously
- Comprehensive knowledge of the newspaper’s circulation area
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees and advertisers verbally and in writing
- Ability to understand and analyze data from various sources
- Proficient computer skills to include knowledge of Word, Excel. Etc.
- Ability to direct, mentor, coach, train and motivate staff as well as establish and nurture a sales culture of achievement, growth, ethics, and quality
- Preferred BA degree
- Diverse advertising sales and management background
- Competitive media and marketing analysis; sales training; strategic planning; organizational development; training facilitation; meeting facilitation.
Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; however, hours and days will vary in order to accomplish the required tasks and may require coming in early, staying late, or working weekends on occasion. It is critical that the person in this position be both reliable and flexible.
ABOUT US –The Empire is a 5,000-circulation daily newspaper in a remote but close-knit community of 33,000 people nestled in the heart of the Tongass National Forest, temperate rainforest and the largest national forest in North America. In addition to covering the annual legislative session, the newspaper also covers Alaska’s billion-dollar oil and gas industry, multi-million dollar fisheries, as well as community issues, ranging from homelessness and the heroin epidemic to mining and climate change.
ABOUT JUNEAU – To call Juneau an outdoor adventurer’s paradise would be an understatement. Juneau offers hundreds of trail miles through untouched wilderness leading to glaciers, waterfalls and mountain peaks. More than a million people visit Alaska’s capital every summer, many by cruise ship, just for a glimpse of what we call home. Local amenities include the University of Alaska Southeast, a nationally renowned micro-brewery, world-class ski resort, highly-acclaimed theater company and symphony orchestra, and a vibrant arts community.
What we offer you:
- Benefits package including health insurance paid time off, and 401k with employer match
TO APPLY – Email a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “AK Ad Sales Director” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Finalists will be contacted for a phone interview.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Check out our website to find out more about us at www.soundpublishing.com .