The Herald, Snohomish County’s newspaper, and a division of Sound Publishing, Inc. is looking for a self-starter who can handle and grow an established account list and is willing to prospect for new accounts. This position will sell our varied print and online offerings that bring results to local businesses.
- Maintain & increase sales volume of assigned list of advertising customers.
- Must be able to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Solicit advertising from present & prospective customers through use of newspapers, radio, TV, direct mail, shoppers, magazines, trade pubs, etc.
- Conduct skillful sales interviews (needs analysis) with objective of obtaining new business. Create effective presentations and ad campaigns for customers, and be able to close sales.
- Sell all Herald related products.
- Create & sell special advertising sections & pages that meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain up-to-date & complete client files.
- Keep sales kits/promo pieces in top condition.
- Work with customers to ensure contract completion or re-evaluate/re-sign contract.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure a smooth running account including meeting deadlines, making sure all aspects of ad are turned in.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player.
- Ability to analyze and build account lists.
- Possess business math skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must have use of a vehicle for work, current auto liability insurance and a valid WDL with good driving record.
- Basic understanding of advertising and business principles.
- Degree in marketing, advertising or business.
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter online at: www.heraldnet.com/hr, or mail to: Human Resources Dept., Job Number: 13-04-13W, The Daily Herald, PO Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
Closing Date: May 31, 2013, or until filled, whichever is sooner