The Peninsula Daily News, a division of Sound Publishing Inc, is seeking an Arts and Entertainment reporter with a minimum of two years experience to join our energetic and award-winning newsroom. We’re looking for a seasoned reporter who likes local theater, art, and festivals and knows the importance of writing about them in a community newspaper. We focus on families, community and local events. We need a reporter who embraces variety and who can manage a calendar, as well as an, expose. Our features writer produces stories for the A&E section as well as the Sunday features section, Home & Garden, health and other features pages, as well as stories for the news pages and A1.
This job requires someone who:
• Has an educational background that prepares him/her for journalism;
• Has knowledge of and interest in contemporary trends and popular culture, including fashion, food, dining, TV, stage, art, film, music, and home decorating.
• Is able to juggle daily and in-depth assignments without extensive oversight.
• Is able to plan and meet department productivity expectations.
• This position requires the use of a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance.
If interested in applying, please provide:
1. A cover letter describing your accomplishments and why you feel you’re the right person for this position;
2. A current resume;
3. Up to, but no more than, six examples of your best work;
4. Three professional references – individuals who can discuss your ability to do this job. These references must be provided with your letter and resume.
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick and holidays. EOE. No calls, please. To apply, please e-mail to email@example.com and be sure to include A&E Reporter in the subject line; (1) a resume including at least three professional references; (2) three or more non-returnable relevant work samples in PDF or Text format (and/or a link to them); and (3) a cover letter addressing the specific job requirements we’ve outlined. Please also include your salary requirements.
Sound Publishing, www.soundpublishing.com, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.