Sound Publishing, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Circulation
Operations Manager. The position will be based out of our Everett office and will report to The
Circulation Operations Manager. The primary duty is to manage the timely pick-up and distribution of
the Daily Herald newspaper, and other publications assigned. This position primarily works in the field
during the days, with occasional nights and weekends when the business requires. Newspaper and/or
Merchandising experience preferred.
- Works directly with retailers to perform sales, service and collection activities.
Perform route management and oversee the timely and orderly pick up and distribution of The
- Daily Herald and other Sound publications.
- Learn route deliveries to back up potential down routes, report retail site location changes and
potential impact to site sales effectiveness and profitability.
- Learn the methods and process to adjust draw using Newzware software
- Be able to learn and apply specified route management for a successful AAM Audit.
- Must be flexible to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Merchandise newspaper single copy sites for maximum sales results.
- Learn key business metrics for The Daily Herald single-copy business and report
underperforming locations to Circ Operations Manager.
- Install Sound Video Network sites and work with SVN staff for upcoming installation sites and
- Recommend new and profitable single copy and 3 rd party sites.
- Must be a pro-active individual who works well with co-workers, delivery, dealer site staff, and
- Position requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner; to occasionally lift
and/or transport bundles weighing up to 25 pounds from ground level to a height of 3 feet;
- To communicate with carriers and the public by telephone and in-person;
- To operate a personal computer, and possess a cellphone;
- Must possess reliable, insured, a motor vehicle; and a clean and valid Washington State driver’s
What we offer you:
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and
life insurance; paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays); and a 401k with employer match.
Job Type: Full-time
TO APPLY – To apply, please e-mail to email@example.com provided (1) a resume including at least three
professional references (2) a cover letter addressing the specific job requirements we’ve outlined, and
(4) three references. Make sure to include Asst CircMgr in the subject line. Please also include
your salary requirements.