The Daily Herald, a division of Sound Publishing Inc., is seeking a Circulation Sales Manager. This is a position for a self-motivated goal oriented individual who loves working in the local community.
- Develop and execute sales programs and initiatives
- Developing and overseeing single copy planning of store partnerships and promotions
- Manage effective single-copy draw management
- Liaison with independent contractors and third-party vendors
- Reinforce retention efforts
- Involved in circulation revenue and expense budgets
- Work with Audience Development Manager to coordinate corporate sales initiatives
- Collect outstanding bills on single copy aging accounts
- Design both internal and external solicitation efforts and measure results
- Achieve and exceed circulation unit and revenue goals – monthly, semi-annually and annually
- Works closely with Director of Audience to grow both digital and print audience
Required Skills to perform this job successfully:
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in an outside sales B2B role designing and executing outside sales campaigns.
- The sales manager must be able to prioritize and execute multiple sales projects while maintaining excellent communication with the circulation team.
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively analyze data to make strategic decisions
- Ability to set and meet sales related goals
- Ability to assist customers and resolve concerns through prompt response
- Ability to organize information and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees
- Flexible and adaptable to market changes and demands
- Ability to maintain a cost-efficient budget and sales plan
- Ability to learn specialized computer systems and Excel
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and creative
- Experience in newspaper circulation is preferred
- Computer and mathematical skills
- Good driving record and reliable transportation to fulfill duties of position.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of current auto insurance
This position earns a base salary plus bonus. We offer a competitive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays), and 401K with an employer match.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and remember to add ATTN: CIRCSALES in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Check out our website to find out more about us! www.soundpublishing.com