Sound Publishing, inc. is looking for a Director of New Business to supervise the Classified sales staff and generate advertising sales into all applicable Sound Publishing, Inc. publications. This includes legal advertising, classified display, classified word ads, recruitment and special section advertising in all Sound Publishing publications.. Additionally responsible for Sound’s new Event Division – which will include four (4) annual Career Fairs, “Best Of” events, and a “Seniors” event in Everett.
Qualified candidates will;
- Possess strong customer service, organizational, and time-management skills; excellent phone, data entry, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be team-oriented.
- 4+ years’ experience in planning and implementing special events for a hotel, restaurant, convention bureau, destination management company, or similar experience.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of event planning best practices.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate services relating to company events and tours
- Can independently manage multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, internally, and externally.
- Ability to manage work flow and projects for direct reports.
- Must possess working knowledge of Excel & Word programs, and have prior sales experience.
What we offer you:
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance; paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays); and a 401k with employer match.
Job Type: Full-time
TO APPLY– To apply, please e-mail the link provided (1) a resume including at least three professional references (2) a cover letter addressing the specific job requirements we’ve outlined, and (4) three references. Make sure to include “Classified/Events Director “in the subject line. Please also include your salary requirements.
Sound Publishing is the largest community news organization in Washington State and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website to learn more about us! www.soundpublishing.com