The Peninsula Daily News, a division of Sound Publishing Inc., is seeking a Digital News Editor to take our digital reporting and social media efforts to the next level with the goal of growing our digital audience on Washington State’s beautiful Olympic Peninsula. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about social media, with professional experience on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, preferably for a media website. You need journalism experience, excellent writing skills, and strong news judgment. If you’re the right candidate, you know how to optimize a Web headline for SEO and social engagement, and you know how to use analytics to influence your decisions. You’ll be part of our newsroom team, collaborating with reporters and editors to maximize the reach of our content. You’ll also collaborate with other departments on company initiatives to promote The Peninsula Daily News and its various products and grow our overall audience.
• Lead day-to-day efforts on The Peninsula Daily News’ growing portfolio of social channels.
• Help our writers and editors package stories for social channels, and audiences.
• Set best practices and tone of voice for The Daily News’ social channels.
• Monitor trending topics and act on that information by communicating with staff writers or blogging and aggregating on your own.
• Track success through engagement rates, growth statistics, and other metrics.
• Participate in live coverage of news events using social tools including photography and video.
Desired skills and experience:
• 3-5 years of professional experience in journalism-related social media. Proven track record running social for media outlets or brands preferred. The ability to exercise sound judgment is an absolute must.
• Extensive knowledge of mainstream and emerging social channels.
• Ability to track your own success and justify decisions with numbers.
• Familiarity with Clallam and Jefferson Counties and the Olympic Peninsula.
• Experience with SEO/SEM, paid social advertising, or email marketing a plus.
• Experience using professional Web publishing tools, photo editing, and video editing a plus.
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick, and holidays. EOE. No calls, please. Attach your resume with a cover letter, and three or more non-returnable clips in PDF to your Indeed submission.
Please include in the subject line ATTN: Digital Editor PA.
Sound Publishing, www.soundpublishing.com, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.