Sound Publishing has an immediate opening for an Editor to lead the award-winning weekly newspaper, The Daily World, located in Aberdeen, WA. This is not an entry-level position. Requires a hands-on leader with a minimum of three years of newspaper experience including writing, editing, pagination, photography, and monitoring social media.
The successful candidate:
- Has a demonstrated interest in local political and cultural affairs.
- Possesses excellent writing and verbal skills, and can provide representative clips from one or more professional publications.
- Has experience editing reporters’ copy and submitted materials for content and style.
- Is proficient in designing and building pages with Adobe InDesign.
- Is experienced managing an opinion page, writing cogent and stylistically interesting commentaries, and editing a reader letters column.
- Has experience with social media and newspaper website content management and understands the value of the web to report news on a daily basis.
- Has proven interpersonal skills representing a newspaper or other organization at civic functions and public venues.
- Understands how to lead, motivate, and mentor a small news staff.
- Must develop a knowledge of local arts, business, and government.
Must be visible in the community.
Must possess reliable, insured, motor vehicle, and a valid Washington State driver’s license.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health insurance paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays), and 401K (currently with an employer match.)
If you are interested in joining our team, email us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to note ATTN: “TDW EDITOR” in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Check out our website to find out more about us! www.soundpublishing.com.