The Grays Harbor Newspaper Group is looking for a reporter who is also good with a camera to cover a geographic beat along the Washington Coast. The newspaper group includes The Daily World based in Aberdeen, Wash., and three weekly papers. One of the weeklies is based in the town of Ocean Shores. That will be the heart of the coverage area, but the job will sometimes entail reporting for all the publications. We’re looking for someone who writes clear stories about complex matters, and who will find and tell stories about real people and life on the coast. We value enterprise and reporters who dig. Photography and strong social media credentials are a must. Send writing and photography samples to the email provided, and make sure to include in the subject line: Attention – GR Ocean Shores.
Aberdeen is on the Washington Coast, two hours from Seattle, an hour from the Olympic Rain Forest and 30 minutes from the beach. Aberdeen is located on Grays Harbor, a large saltwater port on the coast of Washington. We’re 30 minutes from the beach, an hour from the rainforest and Olympic National Park and two hours from Seattle.
This job requires someone who:
• Has an educational background that prepares him/her for journalism;
• Has knowledge of and interest in contemporary trends and popular culture, including fashion, food, dining, TV, stage, art, film, music, and home decorating.
• Is able to juggle daily and in-depth assignments without extensive oversight.
• Is able to plan and meet department productivity expectations.
• This position requires the use of a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance.
If interested in applying, please provide:
1. A cover letter describing your accomplishments and why you feel you’re the right person for this position;
2. A current resume;
3. Up to, but no more than, six examples of your best work;
4. Three professional references – individuals who can discuss your ability to do this job. These references must be provided with your letter and resume.
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick and holidays. EOE. No calls, please. To apply, please e-mail to email@example.com and be sure to include GR Ocean Shores in the subject line; (1) a resume including at least three professional references; (2) three or more non-returnable relevant work samples in PDF or Text format (and/or a link to them); and (3) a cover letter addressing the specific job requirements we’ve outlined. Please also include your salary requirements.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and recognizes that the key to our success lies in the abilities, diversity, and vision of our employees. Sound Publishing, Inc. strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Go to our website www.soundpublishing.com to learn more!