The story of Sound Publishing is one of entrepreneurship, commitment, and a passion for news that began over 50 years ago. Decades in the business have taught us how to write compelling stories that are informative at every stage of life. Being a forward-thinking company matters to us and influences everything from what publications we have to the stories that we believe are relevant to our audiences.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the full-time Operations Specialist will be a critical member of the overall support structure within the Company. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional to leverage their technical experience and customer-centric approach to truly take ownership of the IT support function of one of the top Newspapers in the country.
Supporting 300 users, the full-time IT Operations Specialist will be involved in new equipment roll-outs and ongoing projects. Additionally, they will act as the first point of contact for all hardware and software troubleshooting requests, and a valued partner in the day-to-day operation of a high performing business.
- Onboarding & offboarding employees with all required hardware and software;
- Managing the internal ticketing process and escalating internally or to other team members;
- Troubleshooting workstations and software issues across all departments;
- Leading offsite set-up; including telecom, workstation, wireless, copier, network, and firewall;
- Managing hardware, software, and device inventory;
- Coordinating with the team for VPN and server-side operations;
- Managing vendor relationships and procurement for new hardware and software needs;
- Recommending procedure/process improvements and research potential solutions;
- Updating and maintaining the ‘IT Manual’, and spearheading the creation of user guides;
- Working with end-users to foster technology adoption;
Translating IT industry language into a common language for users;
To be successful in this role you should be a first-rate problem-solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment where autonomy is encouraged. You are detail-oriented, analytical, and you possess exceptional customer service and communication skills. Most importantly, you take great pride and ownership in your work, and you want to be part of a team that embraces new technology and innovation. Additionally, you will need to have a vehicle as the organization has many locations around the Sound and be able to work regular shifts with some weekends as needed.
Alongside the characteristics described above, you should have the following skills and experience
- Diploma in Computer Information Systems Administration or equivalent;
- 2+ years of experience in an IT Operations Specialist capacity;
- Experience with SCCM administration for managing patches and updates;
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (VLANs, routing, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with VoIP phone systems
- Experience working with third-party vendors;
- Familiarity with MS Office products (including O365), G-Suite, and Adobe;
- Previous experience with IT inventory management and mobile device management;
- Expertise in Windows 7 and 10, as well as Mac OS;
- Expertise in iOS, Android platforms, and MDM;
- Familiarity with Linux, Unix based systems;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Active directory & domain controller experience;
- Experience with TeamViewer, VNC, ARD, Perl, Python, and AWS would be an asset.
Our most important offering to anyone that joins the Sounds Publishing team is our culture of dedication, achievement, and ownership. We bring out the best in each other by constantly striving to be world-class in all we do. These values are reflected in our Publications, our Company, and our People.
At Sound, we also offer a very competitive compensation structure that supplements your regular income with a robust benefits package
- Paid time off Covering vacation, sick, and holidays.
- 401K Matching We support your future goals by matching a percentage of your contribution.
- Medical and Dental Coverage Our industry-leading benefits package covers you and your dependents.
- Professional Development and Education Support
To Apply – Please attach the following items to your Indeed application;
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references
- Salary Requirements
A Must: This position is located in Sequim, WA, and requires flexibility to work out of Port Angeles 1-2 days per week, with the ability to travel to other locations as needed.
Sound Publishing is the largest community news organization in Washington State and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website to learn more about us www.soundpublishing.com