Information Technology Systems Specialist – The largest community news organization in Washington State has an immediate opening for an Information Technology Systems Specialist located in Poulsbo, WA, to support end-users at branch offices both remotely and on-site; support Apple Macintosh, MS Windows, and ChromeOS workstations; promote the utility, reliability, stability, and security of the client platforms and the Adobe Creative Suite of applications at Sound Publishing.
Candidates must be able to;
- The ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Proficient computer skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally by phone, email, and in-person.
- The ability to manage multi-faceted projects simultaneously.
- The ability to lift and carry computers and monitors.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve network issues.
- One year of related experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot software problems, including problems with the operating systems (Mac OS X 10.8+ and Windows XP/7/10), applications, drivers, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware problems, including problems with workstations, servers, drives, cards, printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues (TCP/IP, VPN, remote access, etc).
- Proficiency with OS utilities.
- Experience with IMAP and POP clients, Web browsers, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Experience supporting end users.
- Network experience
- Ability to follow through on support requests in a timely manner, escalating to other members of the team when appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and with other members of a team.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Employee must show excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft server administration tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Citrix client.
- Experience with iOS, Android or Windows Mobile devices and ChromeOS
- Familiarity with remote query and remote admin tools such as Apple Remote Desktop, VNC, Remote Desktop, TeamViewer.
- Familiarity with Unix shell scripts, Perl, Python, and/or AppleScript.
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, ssh, rsync and log file analysis.
- Newspaper industry experience is a definite plus
Travel is required using one’s personal vehicle. Willingness to work various shifts, able to work five days per week with the possibility of weekends as needed due to vacation coverage or planned weekend upgrades. Strong communication (both verbal and written), problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision but as part of a team. Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to prioritize daily tasks.
What we offer you:
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance; paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays); and a 401k with employer match.
Job Type: Full-time
TO APPLY – To apply, please e-mail email@example.com (1) a resume including at least three professional references (2) a cover letter addressing the specific job requirements we’ve outlined, and (4) three references. Make sure to include IT Poulsbo in the subject line. Please also include your salary requirements.
Sound Publishing is the largest community news organization in Washington State and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website to learn more about us! www.soundpublishing.com