The Olympic Peninsula News Group, in beautiful Port Angeles, WA, is interviewing for a position in the advertising department sharing the many benefits of newspaper, online, and niche product advertising with new accounts and current clients.
This is a fast-paced, challenging position that requires a self-starter, someone ready to hit the ground running, with no limits on success. Our sales staff is equipped with the latest, most up-to-date research and is fortunate to sell the leading media on the Olympic Peninsula, whether that be print or online. Applicants must be forward-thinking and able to apply the many benefits of Olympic Peninsula News Group advertising to a variety of businesses. NOTE: Advertised wage is the base salary, but monthly commissions are paid the following month from being earned; therefore, the pay is far more than just the based wage that is posted.
Successful candidates will be engaging and goal-oriented, with good organizational skills, and will have the ability to grow and maintain strong business relationships through consultative sales and excellent customer service.
Professional sales experience necessary; media experience is a definite asset but not mandatory. If you have these skills and enjoy playing a proactive part in helping your clients achieve business success, please apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain and expand advertising sales volume with present accounts
- Develop and sell new advertising accounts
- Independent detail-oriented work
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing workload requirements
- Ability to maintain composure and multi-task in a deadline environment
- Good organizational and troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of sales and marketing, the production process, ad design/layout, and market competition.
- Excellent communication skills with the power of persuasion and persistence.
Also required, valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and maintain adequate liability insurance on the vehicle you use for company business.
What we offer you:
- Benefits package including health insurance paid time off, and 401k with employer match
- Great work environment with a professional sales team
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits: medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick, and holidays. EOE. No calls, please. EOE. No calls, please. To apply, please e-mail email@example.com and be sure to include JRSales Kitsap in the subject line; a resume including and at least three professional references.
Interested candidates, attach your resume to your Indeed submission. Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Check out our website to find out more about us at www.soundpublishing.com .