Sound Publishing, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a full-time Mail Prep Coordinator. The position will be based out of our Everett office and will report to the Audience Development Director. The primary duty is to process mailing lists to meet USPS standards to expedite the mailing process for Sound Publishing’s printing facility. Mailing projects will range from publications (periodicals), commercial print (marketing media), non-profit, and as well as other postal categories.
Provide timely and accurate work will be of paramount importance to the selected individual.
The work will include adeptly managing, purchasing and postal processing mail lists through a variety of different systems, including internal proprietary systems.
The mail coordinator reports to the audience development director but will be responsible for assuring that their work meets the complete expectations of our printing facility.
- Manage postal processing for publication’s mailing list to a prescribed schedule.
- Proactively assess and analyze all publication mailing types to assure we receive the best postal rates, which can vary by the applied mail rate and postal entry point.
- Manage mail prep process for greatest time efficiencies as well as postal expenses. Make use of automated mail processing software that is supplied through our circulation information system.
- Access and understand the necessary targeting elements to support commercial mailing services by creating and building an effectively targeted direct mail program.
- Understand the different geographies that our publications services and how postal handling and charges can vary by area.
- Partner with the commercial account manager and advertising director to create highly targeted mailing lists based upon the customer’s identified needs/targets.
- Develop a deep understanding of the functionality of our circulation information system (CIS) on how it manages subscription rates, delivery instructions and produces postal reports.
- Able to back up our circulation admin team on CIS work and processing.
- Experience processing mail through BCC mail prep software or similar mail prep systems.
- Experience developing a targeting plan for purchasing consumer, resident, or business data.
- Position requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner; to occasionally lift and/or transport bundles weighing up to 25 pounds from ground level to a height of 3 feet;
- To communicate with Sound operations, USPS, internal customers, sales agents, and various vendors
- To operate a personal computer, and possess a cellphone. Strong excel skills are required.
What we offer you:
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays); and a 401k with employer match.
Please email an introductory letter and a resume to email@example.com and include “Mail & Circ Administration” in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Find out more about us at www.soundpublishing.com.