The North Kitsap Herald Reporter is looking for self-motivated, results-driven people interested in a multi-media sales career who can share the many benefits of newspaper, online, and niche product advertising with new accounts and current clients. The position is responsible for print and digital advertising sales to an eclectic and exciting group of clients.
Successful candidates will be engaging and goal-oriented, with good organizational skills, and will have the ability to grow and maintain strong business relationships through consultative sales and excellent customer service. Professional sales experience necessary; media experience is a definite asset but not mandatory. If you have these skills and enjoy playing a pro-active part in helping your clients achieve business success, please apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain and expand advertising sales volume with present accounts
- Develop and sell new advertising accounts
- Independent detail-oriented work
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing workload requirements
- Ability to maintain composure and multi-task in a deadline environment
- Good organizational and troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of sales and marketing, the production process, ad design/layout, and market competition.
- Excellent communication skills with the power of persuasion and persistence.
Also required, valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and maintain adequate liability insurance on the vehicle you use for company business.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Location: This position is required to travel within Kitsap County. The office is located on Bainbridge Island. Due to COVID, this position is currently working a hybrid office and telecommuting from home schedule. If hired, you will be able to coordinate with your supervisor what works best for you and the business needs.
What we offer you:
- Benefits package including health insurance paid time off, and 401k with employer match
- A great work environment with a professional sales team
If you meet the above-noted qualifications and are seeking an opportunity to be part of an award-winning media company, we’d love to see meet you! Please email your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume to Careers@soundpublsihing.com and be sure to include ATTN: Kitsap MMSC in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Visit our website to learn more about us! www.soundpublishing.com