- Produce local news content for digital and print formats. Shooting photographs and
video is required.
- Should be proficient at utilizing digital tools and print / digital software in the field.
- Must be adept at social media and new media platforms.
- Will be required to produce daily breaking news, cover some in-depth reporting and
other reporting as may be assigned. A minimum of 3 stories per day is required,
with an additional 2 for our weekend publications.
- Must be able to focus on issues and content reflective our readers values and their
- Must be able to keep up with Local, State and National news. This will include
perusing digital, print and local sources to establish sources.
- Must complete clerical tasks, clocking in and out, expense reporting etc.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently the workload dictates.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures. Must have a working cell phone
and reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be properly insured.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism and at least 2 – 5 years of experience as
a reporter for a news gathering entity.
- Must have advanced computer skills and a working knowledge of AP style.
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits: medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) with company match, and paid time-off.
For immediate consideration, send your resume with cover letter, three or more non-returnable clips in PDF or text format and references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure to include “BIR-Reporter” in the subject line.