Office Administrator – Want an exciting career with your community newspaper? The Juneau Empire has an immediate opening for an Office Administrator to provide excellent customer service. This position will work closely with the publisher, sales representatives, creative artists, newsroom staff, and our customers. Essential to this position is flexibility, excellent organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to juggle concurrent projects. Will also answer phones, handle petty cash and make deposits, enter advertising orders into our front-end business system and assist all departments as needed. Must possess strong customer service skills, excellent phone skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be team-oriented and computer literate. 30-40 hours per week.
• Prior office or administration experience
• Computer-proficient in database and spreadsheet software programs
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to multi-task in a fast changing environment
• Self-motivated, proactive, and possess good problem-solving skills
We offer a great work environment, competitive wages, excellent health benefits, 401K, paid vacations and holidays. EOE. Please e-mail resume with cover letter to Careers@soundpublishing.com.