The Printing Facility located in Everett, WA is looking for self-motivated, results-driven people interested in physical work. The Press Operator will be responsible for operating the second folder, assist Lead Operator in all aspects of operating press and act as Lead in their absence. The Press Operator will help facilitate the direction of personnel, perform training, identify equipment issues and assist management in daily operations.
Successful candidates will be skilled in planning, monitoring the quality of the product, equipment operations, communication, personnel, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to lead employees and coordinate production flow. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Must be able to run the press independently and produce quality jobs. Working knowledge of all Press operations required.
Specific responsibilities include: Based on delivery priorities set-up inserting machines for product fulfillment. During the course of the run troubleshoot tying machines, conveyors/grippers, hopper loaders, bundle turner and bottom wrap as necessary. Monitor rejects to assist in identifying issues and good copies collected for reinsertion. Ensure Operator’s Form is filled out for each run. All Operators must be familiar with setting up all insert machines.
- Must have full knowledge and responsibilities of General Worker position
- Must have full knowledge and responsibilities of Roll Tender position
- Must know all aspects of printing including but not limited to:
- Ability to set up the press for all types of printed product
- Ability to recognize and correct problems with offset printing presses
- Ability to set and adjust ink and water balance
- Ability to set the color to proof and gray bar
- Ability to set register of four-color printing
- Ability to adjust web tensions
- Ability to set and adjust press rollers
- Ability to set up and adjust press folders
- Ability to read and comprehend Press Work Orders
- Ability to work safely and understand the safety procedures involved in the operation of printing presses
- Ability to work with other members of a crew
- Check first copy off on every run for acceptable quality, pages in the correct order, color lined up, even ink, centered compensation, good fold and that all copy is on the page, etc.
- Make sure all palleting is neat and bundling and counts are correct.
- Make sure all pallets and boxes are labeled correctly and quantities match runlist.
- During the run, fine-tune and always check last copy when the press goes down.
- Pull 3 best copies of every run.
- Keep quality at maximum and waste at a minimum.
- Completely fill out all forms pertinent to shift.
- Contact Press Manager if problems arise that you are unable to fix.
Typically 40 hours per week, Sunday through Thursday. It must be recognized that due to the nature of this position, hours will vary in order to accomplish the required tasks and may require coming in early, staying late, or working weekends on occasion. It is critical that the person in this position be reliable.
What we offer you:
- Benefits package including health insurance paid time off, and 401k with employer match
- A great work environment with a professional sales team
If you meet the above-noted qualifications and are seeking an opportunity to be part of an award-winning media company, we’d love to see meet you! Please email your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include ATTN: Press OP in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Visit our website to learn more about us! www.soundpublishing.com