The Printing Facility located in Everett, WA is looking for self-motivated, results-driven people interested in physical work. The Post-Press Operator will be responsible for inserting machines, stitcher/trimmer, labelers, and all auxiliary equipment during a designated shift to optimize workflow, meet out-the-door deadlines, and maintain quality. The Post-Press Operator will help facilitate the direction of personnel, perform training, identify equipment issues and assist management in daily operations.
Successful candidates will be skilled in planning, monitoring the quality of the product, equipment operations, communication, personnel, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to lead employees and coordinate production flow. Working knowledge of all Post-Press operations required.
Specific responsibilities include: Based on delivery priorities set-up inserting machines for product fulfillment. During the course of the run troubleshoot tying machines, conveyors/grippers, hopper loaders, bundle turner and bottom wrap as necessary. Monitor rejects to assist in identifying issues and good copies collected for reinsertion. Ensure Operator’s Form is filled out for each run. All Operators must be familiar with setting up all insert machines.
- Set-up Barstrom, Kansa and Ink-Jet labelers for mailing and troubleshoot labelers as necessary. All Operators must be familiar with all labeling machines.
- Set-up stitcher/trimmer and auxiliary equipment for selected jobs. All operators must be familiar with the operation of the stitcher/trimmer equipment.
- Direct personnel to include deciding who should feed which pocket(s) and moving personnel as necessary during the course of the run. Determine when run personnel will receive breaks/lunch.
- Ensure all housekeeping tasks are performed after a run is completed. Give direction in staging prior to a run and after a run insuring all skids are staged correctly for load-out.
- Work directly with other shift operators to ensure personnel is utilized to optimize workflow.
- The Operator will participate as a hands-on member of the inserting, labeling or stitching/trimming crew and will perform any function required to facilitate the workflow.
- Communicate product status to next shift through direct communication with Management and/or other Operators. Communicate with Press and Transportation as necessary.
- Perform employee training and ensure that employees understand job tasks and perform to meet expectations.
- Communicate equipment repair and maintenance needs with Post-Press Manager. Perform repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Recommend productivity, process and product improvements and implement as directed by Post-Press Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically 40 hours per week, Sunday through Thursday. It must be recognized that due to the nature of this position, hours will vary in order to accomplish the required tasks and may require coming in early, staying late, or working weekends on occasion. It is critical that the person in this position be reliable.
What we offer you:
- Benefits package including health insurance paid time off, and 401k with employer match
- A great work environment with a professional sales team
If you meet the above-noted qualifications and are seeking an opportunity to be part of an award-winning media company, we’d love to see meet you! Please email your cover letter, including salary requirement and resume to Careers@soundpublishing.com and be sure to include ATTN: P-POPER in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Visit our website to learn more about us! www.soundpublishing.com