Our newsroom is looking for accomplished reporters to help us deepen connections with our community.
We will consider applicants with varying levels of experience, but successful applicants will have produced a range of stories — beat reporting, breaking news and human interest features. In addition, they need skills, ideas and enthusiasm for our growing digital efforts.
The Daily Herald and HeraldNet serve Snohomish County with top-notch journalism that has earned recognition from our community and our professional peers. To join our team, you should understand most of these things — and excel at some of them:
- Accurate collection of official information.
- Effective interviewing of sources.
- Writing under deadline pressure.
- Identifying newsworthy topics.
- Handling more than one assignment at a time.
- Taking guidance and learning from editors.
- Communicating with readers on social media.
- Taking photos and/or making videos on cellphones or other basic equipment.
- Writing story leads and suggested headlines that reflect familiarity with SEO.
These jobs will be filled soon, so don’t delay! Along with a cover letter and resume, please provide four to six examples of your work (online links preferred) and three professional references to: : email@example.com. Be sure to note ATTN: EDHREP in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers competitive wages, paid leave benefits (Vac,Sick,Hol), and a 401K with Employer match. Check out our website to find out more about us! www.soundpublishing.com