The Peninsula Daily News in Port Angeles, Washington, is seeking a full-time special sections editor.
Applicants must possess journalism experience at a newspaper or magazine in an editing role, with an emphasis on pagination, editing, and writing. Applicants are adaptable to changing deadlines and layouts; able to work calmly, accurately and quickly under pressure within the advertising department.
Knowledge of and interest in local North Olympic Peninsula news is required, as is excellent news judgment and the ability to write, edit, design and work with outside customers with precision and professionalism.
This is a full-time position and includes excellent benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) with company match.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Pagination of multiple special sections
- Working with outside customers to create special event sections
- Editing freelance articles
- Interviewing authoritative community members for stories
- Writing timely and topic-specific articles
- Light editing of photos
- Occasional advertisement building
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator skills a plus
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Basic photography skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, email your resume and a minimum of three writing and three design samples to email@example.com and be sure to include PDNSPEC in the subject line.
Gateway to Olympic National Park and Victoria, B.C., Port Angeles gets half the rainfall of Seattle, yet is close enough to enjoy the big city. Come explore rain forests, waterways, mountain trails and a plethora of other outdoor activities, right in your backyard. The Peninsula Daily News is the leading news source on Washington’s North Olympic Peninsula and part of Sound Publishing, the largest community newsgroup in Washington state.
(EOE) Learn more about us at www.soundpublishing.com.