The Daily Herald, a division of Sound Publishing, Inc., is seeking a sports enthusiast with a thorough knowledge of various sports to work as a Sports Clerk. This is a part-time position, approximately 24 hrs/wk, working evenings/weekends. Schedule may vary.
- Collect game information from coaches over the phone
- Write accurate roundup items that may vary from 1 to 10 inches in length
- Format agate page
- Proofread page
- Knowledge of a wide variety of professional, college and prep sports
- Ability to take information accurately over the phone
- Strong spelling, grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure
- Competency in MS Word and InDesign
Email resume w/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and please be sure to note: ATTN: EDHSPORTS in the subject line.
Sound Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Check out our website to find out more about us! www.soundpublishing.com