This is an exciting opportunity for a very experienced candidate to join a small, but focused development team in Kitsap County, WA. We need someone with a can-do attitude, passion for technology, problem-solving skills, educational credentials, good personality and the ability to get up to speed quickly in order to hit the ground running. The opportunity to start is immediate.
Required Skills & Experience:
- WordPress: Created media WordPress websites as well as relevant publishing plugins for more than five years;
- Agile: Worked with and/or led teams in an Agile development process;
- Responsive framework experience;
- SQL integration and the understanding of how this integrates with scripting and regular expressions;
- Graphic design background to develop and institute client facing UX integration in an Adobe environment;
- Ability to write automation shell scripts in the command line as well as an understanding of regular expressions;
- GIT/GITLab: Written well-designed, testable, efficient code following best practices in a collaborative environment;
- MySQL: Have modern database development expertise – familiar with PHPMyAdmin and command line access;
Education: Post-secondary degree/certificate in Computer Science, Web Development or related technical field (or equivalent experience);
Communication: Excellent written and verbal skills – able to fully engage in developer and stakeholder meetings;
Self-Starter: Passionate about problem-solving using best practices – must be able to learn quickly.
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Experimenting with WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg in Beta;
- Experienced with NewRelic, CloudFlare, and StudioPress/Genesis themes;
- Comfortable in Macintosh OS X and LAMP Stack operating environments;
- Demonstrated skills problem-solving with RESTful APIs and SOAP;
- Experience in Java development;
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS/SASS, PHP 7.2, SEO and current/future digital technology trends.
Scope of Position: Reporting to the Director of Digital, the successful candidate will creatively complete ongoing development projects within the allotted resources and timelines. The developer will be evaluated on demonstrated abilities to meet standards and deadlines while working in a collaborative environment with a group of talented individuals who have a passion for creating digital content.
Sound Publishing offers competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for career development. The position is located in Poulsbo, WA.
Email cover letter, resume, and any examples of your work to email@example.com .