Sound Publishing, Inc. Policies
General Policies and Information
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse any ad or preprinted insert.
- Local rates are non-commissionable but are available to all, including agencies. For commissionable and national rates, mark up applicable rates 20 percent. For non-profit rates, deduct 10 percent from applicable earned rate for registered 501C3 agencies.
- Rates may be raised with 30 days advance notice.
- Display advertising is sold by the column inch and is measured to the half-inch.
- All display advertisements must carry a “signature” of the party inserting the ad. The Publisher reserves the right to insert the word “advertisement” in all ads, including “all copy” ads which may be mistaken for news articles.
- All ads smaller than full page must be bordered to their exact dimension.
- A minimum of a one-point border is required on all display advertisements.
- All layouts, illustrations and composition which represent the creative effort of Sound Publishing, Inc. are the sole property of the Publisher and may not be reproduced without prior consent.
- Advertiser assumes all liability for true, factual and legal copy provided for any advertisement.
- Late ads accepted at Publisher’s option. No proofs.
- Publisher reserves the right to charge standard composition charges for any revisions to original copy, layout, artwork, photos or other ad elements unless newspaper failed to follow clear and explicit instructions.
- Advertisements produced but canceled before deadline will be charged composition charges at $40 per hour.
- Advertisements produced but canceled after deadline will be charged one-half the applicable rate.
Omission & Error
- In the event of error, omission, damage or failure to distribute any advertisement, Publisher’s liability is limited to the amount paid to Publisher for production and printing and/or insertions of said advertisement. Notice of errors must be called to the attention of the newspaper’s Publisher within one day of publication so that the appropriate corrective action can be taken.
- Although every effort will be made to meet the wishes of the advertiser, the Publisher does not guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement on a specified date.
- Political and advocacy advertising requires payment in advance and must state the name and address of the group or individual paying for the ad.
- Political advertisers signing volume contracts require payment in advance for the full contract amount upon signing of the contract.
- Payment in advance is required for going-out-of-business, out-of-town and new business advertisers until credit is approved.
- Statements mailed the first week of each month. Terms: Net 10 days. Service Charge: 1-1/2 percent per month (18 percent annual) is added to accounts with balances unpaid following the last issue of each month. Minimum $1 charge.
- Proofs will be delivered/faxed/emailed in the local area for ads totaling 10 inches or more, at customer’s request, provided ad is submitted by deadline. All other ads may be proofed at the newspaper during regular office hours.
- Up to 2 tearsheets are available at no charge at customer’s request. Additional copies $1 each.
- Preferred placement positions add 35 percent to earned rate. Exact specifications, sizes and formats available on request. All preferred placement paid positions subject to confirmation and availability at deadline. Color needs may prohibit position availability.
- No charge for display ads. Additional fees will be charged as follows: PDF file copies available on CD for $7.50 each.
Adobe Acrobat Settings